Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dr Strange's article

After reading Dr. Strange's article, "A Cultural Revolution: From Books to Silver Discs," my position on the issue has not changed. Technology is advancing faster than anyone even predicted, and books, articles, and other forms of the printed page are being and basically have been replaced by more technologically advanced multimedia. When the article was written (15 years ago) they were predicting that CD's would be the main source of storage for the next 20 years. Well, 15 years later, we have DVD, Blue ray, jump drives, etc. which are all much more advanced than CD's. After reading these two articles, I have no idea how I'm going to use technology in my classroom because there is no telling how advanced it will be by the time I'm a teacher.

No comments: